Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dover


This was the scene from the ship as we left dock: the White Cliffs of Dover. The same view greeted us on our return.
We enjoyed the cruise. We enjoyed the cities of the Baltic. But I was glad that we planned a few days to visit London. It helps that we could stay with family.
My wife and I lived there for over three years early in our marriage. Our son was born there, but had no memories of it. Our family friend that travelled with us was seeing Europe for the first time.
Whenever someone who has never been to Europe asks me where they should go, I always suggest London. There is so much to see and do. Plus for those who have not travelled much, it helps that language is not an issue. My next few posts will show places that we visited during this trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home