Thursday, December 07, 2006

Hula Graduation



In an earlier posting, I mentioned a lady named Iuneu'imaumahealani Teruya. (She said to call her, June.) In that posting, I mentioned that she taught us to make leis. If you want to read about that, look for my posting last month (November 2006), entitled "Making Leis."

I wrote that she taught another class as well. She taught Hula lessons. Each of the four sea days, she taught a class. The last sea day, in the afternoon, there was a Hula Graduation Ceremony, which included the students showing what they had learned.

This is a picture of the graduating class. As you can see, it was a large class. My wife is on the right just in front of the bottom of the stairs. I did not attend the class. However, my wife really enjoyed it. She purchased from June a CD of the music and a DVD of the lessons. All of the students received a Hula Master Diploma. I told my wife that she should add this to her resume.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home